We will endeavour to balance our economic, environmental and social responsibilities to minimise the impact of our activities within all the communities in which we work.
We will ensure our activities contribute to:
- Supportive, vibrant and sustainable communities.
- Strong regional development.
- The natural environment.
We aim to achieve this through the application of the following environmental principals:
- Adopt an environmental policy that is consistent across all of the NT Kerbing Constructions.
- Strive to prevent pollution and minimise our use of natural resources and energy.
- Comply with all relevant statutory obligations and all other requirements that the company subscribes to, including codes of practice and customer agreements.
- Continually improve our environmental performance, management practices and environmental management system which conform to recognised standards including ISO 14001.
- Communicate this policy to all personnel within the company and make this policy available to all interested parties upon request.
- Provide appropriate education and training for all personnel relevant to their environment responsibilities statutory obligations.
- Encourage ethical environment practice and behaviour both within the company and contractors with whom we work.
- Annually review this policy to ensure it is both adequate and effective.
We will incorporate these principles into our business planning process to provide the framework for setting appropriate environmental objectives and targets.
All employees and contractors are required to actively implement this policy in their specific area of responsibility.